Luther Dickinson - Hambone's Meditations @320
1. Luther Dickinson - Death Comes On Wings Of Crepe (4:01)
2. Luther Dickinson - Blind Lemon And The Hook Man (6:44)
3. Luther Dickinson - Breckenridge Blues (7:21)
4. Luther Dickinson - Arkabutla (6:09)
5. Luther Dickinson - Tallahatchee (Birds Of The Moon) (4:11)
6. Luther Dickinson - Old Gospel Medley I (6:11)
7. Luther Dickinson - Old Gospel Medley II (4:41)
Durée: 39 minutes 18 secondes
Genre: acoustic,blues,folk blues,folk,
"While Luther Dickinson claims the life-long influence of John Fahey and his Takoma Records catalog as the inspirational source for Hambone’s Meditations, it is Jack Rose who is, in essence, the album’s guiding muse. According to Dickinson, it was Rose who made him “realize that the medium of instrumental guitar was there for me to utilize. It had never occurred to me to try it myself.”
Dickinson wrote the album in 2009, shortly after the birth of his daughter, while still processing the passing of his father, Jim Dickinson. There is little of the hard-driving American primitive of Fahey here; it’s one of the album’s strengths. What is on offer is Dickinson’s consideration of the guitar as a compositional method for instrumental music of harmonic and lyric earthiness, eeriness, and simplicity that is quite deceptive.
Dickinson isn’t showboating his considerable guitar skills here, but instead is offering a portrait of his heritage — and his compositional and arranging chops — inside a music that is every bit as haunted and mysterious as the north Mississippi hill country he calls home."
Un bon disque de folk blues acoustique par le fils de Jim Dickinson, à découvrir
[BS] ou [TB] ou [FS] oru [RG] ou [UL]